Air Duct Cleaning
Clean Your Air Ducts For a Healthier Home
The Environmental Protection Agency claims that indoor air has been found to be 70 times more polluted than outside air.
Some of the benefits that come with air duct cleaning:
* Reduced dust and allergies
* Improved furnace efficiency
*Improved indoor air quality
There is only one method that thoroughly cleans your duct system; it is called the negative air method. We have been using this system since we added air duct cleaning to our services in 1995. Here is how it works: a large power vacuum stays outside. A large hose is run through a window and connected into the main plenum above the furnace. When the vacuum is turned on, the air in the system is being pulled outside, hence the name negative air. With the dirty air being pulled outside, a series of tools called "octopuses" are snaked through the system. These "octopuses" are powered by 180 lbs of compressed air. They both brush the system and blast it with compressed air simultaneously. They effectively clean all duct, round rectangular, and square. An average home takes about 3 1/2 to 4 hours with two people working.
Three important facts about our duct cleaning service
1. We never use bait and switch advertising, EVER. Sadly too many consumers have been taken in by "duct cleaning" companies advertising $49.00 "whole home specials". These companies do not use a negative air system, and instead use an ineffective brush and shop vacuum system, which often leaves the system worse than when they started. The $49.00 special is the bait, afterwards comes the high pressure to increase the price dramatically, as much as 20 times the original quote. At Soot & Cinders we are an HONEST company, and provide affordable, up front prices for our services, without any pressure. Satisfied customers are our best advertising.
2. We never run our duct vacuum inside the home. Many of our competitors that use the negative air method will bring their large duct vacuum in the home and run it indoors using a HEPA filter inside of it to filter the air. A HEPA filter is a great filter, but it is our opinion that it breaks down over time, leaving it much less effective at filtering small particulates. As we pull out the contaminants from people's ducts, such as pet dander, dust mites, allergens, household cleaners, drywall dust, paint chips, lint, bugs and building materials, we feel it makes much more sense to exhaust the dirty air to the outside of the home, thereby eliminating the possibility of re-contaminating the air inside.
3. We meticulously maintain our air compressors. In order to run the Octopuses, a high pressure two stage industrial air compressor is used. These compressors work very hard to supply the pressure and air volume needed to effectively run the tool. Since these compressors are blowing air into the ducts, it is important that it is clean compressed air. Worn out, poorly maintained compressors will supply air that is not clean. Sadly, too many duct cleaning companies do not recognize this important point and blow unclean air into their customers ducts. At Soot & Cinders, we pay attention to details such as this. This is one of the benefits of having an owner / operator on each job, who cares about his clients safety and satisfaction.